View Single Post
Old December 17, 2012, 10:00 PM   #48
Colorado Redneck

Good points, Glen. Personally I have a dog in the fight because since retirement shooting is a bigger part of my life. Assault type weapons are not my gig but the fight over semiauto weapons will probably start with highly polarized stances by all sides.

Most of us can think of multiple killings where various types of guns were used. Most of the bad ones recently have involved semiautos. For the sake of all gun owners a civilized discourse will be more productive in my opinion. Lock step resistance to any impediment to unfettered availability might end up producing restrictions that none if us want to live with.

I ask again: does the right to own semiauto weapons and banana clips and thousands of rounds supersede peoples right to life? Requiring teachers to pack and participate in tactical training will drive 95% of the best teaches away. Mental health care will cost money. Who pays? We have witnessed an ugly contentious brouhaha over health care. Do most gun folk support increased spending in institutions and treatment?

Open discourse, honesty, and acceptance that we don't all get just what we want will go far in my opinion.

Page generated in 0.03089 seconds with 8 queries