View Single Post
Old February 4, 2012, 08:15 PM   #46
Justice06RR

Quote:
It continues to amaze me that a standard procedure has not been adopted by National Law Enforcement Standards.

Even the AZ DPS (state patrol), according to the Officers I have spoken do not have a procedure which they want followed.

My personal procedure is to hand my CCW and DL to the Officer when he asks for my DL. i then answer the Officers questions clearly and directly. I also keep my Insurance and Registration in a compartment which does not contain a firearm or ammunition. Before I open the compartment I tell the officer it does not contain any weapons.

Nothing is quite as stimulating to an Officer when a driver opens his glove compartment and a pistol falls out. (Personal experience while I was conducting a traffic stop)
There is not SOP because each state has different laws. Some states like FL you are not required to inform the LEO, but its a courtesy (and would be a smart thing to do.)

I've never shown my CWL permit unless asked. Some cops don't ever care as long as you're cooperative and don't give them a reason to be suspicious.

Page generated in 0.03646 seconds with 8 queries