View Single Post
Old March 13, 2010, 12:00 AM   #9
JR_Roosa

I use bullseye and power pistol for .45 ACP, but I just started using PP recently for jacketed full velocity loads.

Bullseye for 200gr lead SWCs between 3.6 and 4.2 grains for slow, soft, accurate target rounds.

Bullseye for 200gr hornady XTPs based on whatever the max load is in the Hornady manual. (I didn't like these bullets, they would get pushed back on multiple chambering, but I got them in the middle of the ammo drought, powder was fine)

Bullseye for 230gr hornady XTPs based on the max load available on the Alliant website.

Power pistol for 230gr hornady XTPs based on the max load in the hornady manual.

I use both for various .38 special loads. I'm also planning on finding some good .40SW loads with a friend of mine trying out both powders, probably with plated bullets since he's got a glock.

They all work well enough for me, and the power pistol seems to give the highest velocity based on felt recoil. The lead is dirty as can be from the lube, but they are both plenty clean with jacketed bullets.

Power pistol looks almost exactly like bullseye and meters just as well.

Everybody says bullseye is dirty, but I clean everything at the end of the day anyway, so I don't really care enough to work up another powder. Maybe if they made a powder that cleans the gun for you I'd check it out.

-J

Page generated in 0.02183 seconds with 8 queries