View Single Post
Old August 26, 2009, 08:08 PM   #22
James R. Burke

We had a German Shorthair Pointer for twelve years. When we went to pick him up we were set on a female. The one that really stuck with my wife was a male so that is what we got. We had him neutured has soon as we could. Lots of folks put it off thinking they are going to bred some day, and they might once or never. I believe either sex is o.k. it all comes down to what you want, and if you are not into breeding I think getting them neutured or spade is the way to go for many reasons. I dont believe it effected him in anyway except he squatted instead of lifting his leg. Ha Ha. Also no humping etc. I guess that can still happen though. For ten of the twelve years we had him, we done more hunting, and scoring birds than I ever thouht where out there. He was a great dog. Had him cremated, and buried were we got the first bird with him, and the hat I was wearing. It was sad, but he also gave us some of the best times of our lifes. There is no doubt whatever type dog you get I am sure it will make you very happy. No matter how bad your day is they are always there wagging there tail waiting for you. Good luck, and enjoy!

Page generated in 0.02351 seconds with 8 queries