View Single Post
Old August 21, 2009, 09:04 PM   #2
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

I have one.... with two small kids I take no chances, in fact, I won't even leave the gun in the safe unattended. Paranoid? You betcha.

However, I have no rational reason to distrust the safe.

It is not rugged to the point that it will stop a determined thief but I don't see that as the point. If I'm not home then the gun isn't home either so Mr BG is doing a lot of work to get nothing. I consider it to be more for keeping curious hands off the guns than to prevent theft. If that's your goal, I think you'll find it more than satisfactory. If you're looking to stop a thief then you should get a "real" safe.

My only issue, and I'm not even sure if it's legitimate or not, is that the loop for the locking mechanism that is on the door sticks up far enough to conceivably catch the trigger on my "safety-less" Glock. It seems possible to me that you could catch the trigger and cause a negligent discharge. No big deal though, I just use my non-gun hand to cover the latch when I put the gun in the safe. Paranoid? You betcha.

You can set any combination you want, including multiple keys at the same time, making it virtually impossible to guess the combination.

Page generated in 0.03058 seconds with 8 queries