View Single Post
Old September 16, 2008, 07:34 PM   #7
KLRANGL

Lee, I appreciate your concern, but you dont know me so please dont be too harsh in judgment...

Yes I go into rougher parts of town on occasion... For one, I live in one (someone was shot and killed 30ft from my house a few weeks back actually). Its not a bad neighborhood, but its not great... Its one of those was bad but is getting much better neighborhoods. Also my friends live in some rougher parts (we're college kids after all)... Please dont suggest not visiting them just for the sake of "being safe."

No I dont carry a gun open for the express purpose of intimidating others... I carry it for the express purpose of defending myself and my friends until I get my CCW... Its "intimidating" effect as you call it was a side effect I noticed and commented on...

Yes im sure im not puffing a bit... I have been asked for money by homeless people on many occasions, and on a rare few they got rather upset and forceful. In the last incident (last weekend) the man who wanted money followed me while yelling as I hurriedly walked (side shuffled?) towards the nearest populated area (store front)... Where does asking for money end and being mugged begin? Also i have lived outside DC most of my life and have spent a great deal of time there... I also spend lots of time in Richmond and live in Norfolk...

This thread isnt about me defending myself, so if you have any more concerns maybe send them to me via PM? I promise you I have never done, nor will do, anything to give a case for more gun control (other than the fact that I do carry a gun and am willing to use it)...

Page generated in 0.02944 seconds with 8 queries