View Single Post
Old February 17, 2013, 03:01 PM   #1
stu925

Scored some components today

I went to the local gun show today specifically looking for reloading components. The people I usually deal with would only sell each customer 1000 CCI SR Magnum primers and you had to buy the same $ amount in other merchandise, luckily I needed a new Lyman manual and some 7mm Sierra bullets for my .280 Rem. Walked around a bit more and found a guy selling Fiocchi Small Rifle primers in boxes of 1500 for about $8 more then I paid for 1000 of the CCIs. I've had good luck with Fiocchi ammo in the past so I did a quick search on the smartphone to see if anyone was having issues with them and when I saw positive reviews I decided to buy. I bought 3000 of them. So all together I managed to come up with 4000 small rifle primers I can use for .223 Rem. I know I'll have to rework my loads a bit using the Fiocchi primers but with 3000 of them that's a non issue for me.

Gun prices at the show were out of control and ammo prices have at least doubled. Wolf Military Classic ammo in 7.62x39 I paid $4.18/box for a year ago they're asking $12 and it's selling like hot cakes. If those prices don't come back to earth I'll end up loading 7.62x39 before it's over. 440 round Spam cans of 7.62x54R (Bulgarian) were going for $125. I thought I over paid last year when I bought my Yugo SKS, I could have doubled my money at the show today.

One thing I noticed walking around the show was a suspicious absence of guys wandering around with rifles for sale. Looks like everyone is holding on to what they've got now.

Stu

Page generated in 0.03280 seconds with 8 queries