View Single Post
Old September 5, 2013, 11:55 PM   #13
3.Shot.Group.

I've shot other stuff that ejected well, but I did notice every time there were a couple that didn't seem to eject as far away, most get tossed about 2 or 3 feet back and 5 or 6 feet to the right. Some only went about 2 feet or so to the right, but I didn't think much of it at the time.

I fired some of the WWB yesterday, and it ejected the same as all the other with most of it being tossed well clear, and a couple going short.

Today; However, I had a few casing that failed to eject, they just ended up sitting on top of the mag, they were the last round in the mag as I recall.

I think I didn't have much of this until I fired the Hornady Steel Match, it has a steel case. Matter of fact, I was looking at the feed issue I had with Hornady while I was cleaning the gun tonight. I put one of the Steel match rounds in a mag and inserted it into the mag well while I had the slide off of the gun, and tried to strip it off the mag with my thumb to see how it went up the feed ramp. I couldn't get it to strip like I can other(brass cased) rounds. It looks like the edge of the steel case hangs up, where as the brass case, being more malleable, would strip off and feed.

I'm thinking the steel cased Hornady might have stripped some of the ejectors hook off causing it to not grab the hulls reliably.

Or it could be a bad extractor, or low powered ammo. I did notice that I wasn't feeling the recoil as much today, but I chalked it up to "getting used to it".

Page generated in 0.03468 seconds with 8 queries