View Single Post
Old June 6, 2009, 11:20 AM   #80
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Armstrong
There is the problem. Some want to "illuminate the difference" while others suggest learning about an issue.
That's a nice opinion but I think we can learn a lot by seeing how experts disagree as Glenn mentioned.

Quote:
Sorry, I can only comment based on what you have shown...Again, if one considers a debate posted on YouTube as a good source of information
I accept your apology. This of course is your opinion but not factual. Lots of very good information is on the internet as well as bad. However, the debate was very useful to the discussion IMO and not all good information comes from books alone. Furthermore as I have stated repeatedly I am not doing academic research but rather participating in a discussion forum with mostly non-academics.

Quote:
Some academics believe in Intelligent Design. Most academic don't.
I agree with your idea that just because an academic says something doesn't make it so. Hence I look at multiple sources of info.

Quote:
or if they think that a link where someone posts something they read about what somebody else about what somebody else wrote,
Which the Donohue article was.

Quote:
I think that says more about ones ability to be a good consumer of research than anything else.
Again your opinion but I think other posters can look at the two and make their determination. Once more, this is a discussion forum not an academic panel. Not all knowledge is in print these days. But you know that article Glenn posted was on ....the internet!

Last edited by Tennessee Gentleman; June 6, 2009 at 11:31 AM.

Page generated in 0.03623 seconds with 8 queries