View Single Post
Old October 29, 2008, 03:01 PM   #1
the_pragmaticist

Rizzini Verona - I'm new to this game!

Howdy to the scattergunners; this is my first trip to this part of the TFL forums. I come seeking wisdom, either in the form of chatter or links, and you guys are always spot on.

I just bought a used Rizzini over & under (Verona lx502). It came with three chokes, which seem to be marked by notches. The installed chokes have 3 (upper barrel) and four (lower barrel) notches. The other choke has only one.

Can anyone help to identify what the notches mean, and/or which chokes I should be using? My first trip out with this gun will be an informal pheasant hunt. There should be plenty of time to sling some clays and play around before we try to hit any feathers but I'd like to have an idea of what I'm dealing with before wasting any time.

Moving along...I've not been bird hunting in years and frankly I don't know half as much as I'd like to. What size shot is best for a pheasant? Is there a preferred load (field? magnum?), or does it not matter much? If it matters, I believe the Verona has a 3" chamber.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Page generated in 0.02484 seconds with 8 queries