View Single Post
Old October 5, 2017, 06:35 PM   #23
garyhan

Lets face reality. Look at how many people, let alone politicians, have gone over to supporting gun control. The number of casualties in this shooting is beyond my previous imagining:it will not go away from peoples minds. I have previously supported the position of "never give an inch" but in this case, regulations or bans on bump stocks are inevitable. The shooting has already cost us the possibility of de-regulating suppressors and national reciprocity. I understand the principle of not yielding, but what we would be giving up is at the low end of priority imo. I own two bump stocks. They are amusing toys simulating auto fire but sacrificing accuracy. If the NRA quickly endorses regulation of them, they help to disarm our enemies who claim we don't care. The anti gunners will, of course, continue to push for more egregious regulation: but giving up bump stocks will at least mollify some temporarily. When defeat is inevitable, a negotiated peace is often the best alternative. I don't like it, but it is our best hope. I hate to disagree with so many of my brethren, but I think the NRA gave careful consideration to this issue, and made the right choice.

Page generated in 0.03108 seconds with 8 queries