View Single Post
Old November 21, 2000, 08:14 PM   #7
TGS

Lake city Brass

Well there seems to be agreement about the powder! I appreciate the info for sure.
Whats the story on lake city brass. Ive read that it really much stronger than most but quite hard to find. There seems to be more available than I would have thought. Is there a such thing as good Lake city and not so good, discounting the times fired and on that subject what can be the expected number of firings one might expect?
Which leads me to the next question. Using 168gr hpbt about how many grains is a good starting weight?
Ive also been doing some experimenting on O.A.L. with my .220 swift and have been able to make very considereable improvement in accuracy. (interesting variations in s.d. and velocity as I adjusted the length by a little a .010 with a total reduction to .040 in .010 increments. Im wondering, taking into consideration there is a restriction because of the mag if anyone has tried to improve their loads by adjusting the o.a.l. If it works in a bolt gun, or in the case of my Swift a #1 Ruger, what might be the results in a gas gun?
32 lbs of powder...sounds good to me! Ill give it a try. Should have seen the look on my wife face.
Tom

Page generated in 0.03377 seconds with 8 queries