View Single Post
Old July 5, 2011, 02:20 PM   #90
HKFan9

I had a Serpa holster for my Glock 17... I thought it worked perfectly... was fast and easy to unlock and draw the firearm... and kept my finger right in line with the slide / frame... exactly how I drew from any other holster.

If you watch the video.. to ME it seems like he is just trying to go as fast as possible... clears the holster... then puts his finger in the trigger before he should have... in order to be "faster" for his video.

Notice he didn't blame the holster.... nor is he trying to sue Blackhawk.

I wouldn't really point the finger at the holster itself. A LOT of people use Serpa holsters... so it doesn't surprise me you hear more about AD and ND's from them. It was his bad training habits.... going from a holster with a thumb button... to a 1911 with the safety right where said thumb button on the previous holster was.... common sense would tell you this is generally a bad idea. Thankfully Tex is ok.

I see this all day long... people buying a hand gun for self defense... when I take it out of the display case to show it to them.... they barely know how to handle or hold one correctly.. I stress the importance to seek out training while they are filling out the paperwork... but it normally falls to deaf ears.

Page generated in 0.02628 seconds with 8 queries