View Single Post
Old August 27, 2010, 12:17 PM   #71
TexasFats

For those who claim that lead is killing "millions" of animals, could you please provide some references to refereed, scholarly publications? I am not impressed by some report from some organization with an agenda.

Secondly, it is sad that some uprincipled individuals, supported by the gullible and well-intentioned have chosen to use this issue as a means of back-door gun control. I guarantee, if the give on this, then next it will be copper poisoning that will be the problem. Also, have you priced lead-free ammo lately? Much of it costs much more, according to Midway's and Graf's catalogs, than lead ammunition.

Finally, they are still finding mostly intact lead bullets on Revolutionary War battlefields. Those bullets have been in the ground about 230 years of so, and still retain much of their original mass. I think that much of what we are hearing about the problems of lead amounts to nothing more than propaganda and MSM sensationalizing. If I am wrong, show me some articles in refereed, academic journals that don't have a dog in this fight. Again, "scientific" reports published by organizations with an agenda don't count, since they may have begun their "research" with a conclusion that was predetermined before they even began to collect data.

Sauron lives, and his orc minions are on the march.

Page generated in 0.03645 seconds with 8 queries