View Single Post
Old February 14, 2019, 07:22 PM   #26
TunnelRat

Saying we're on the same team is overselling it imo. I agree that in concept we're not a threat and our goal isn't to harm them, for most lawful people carrying. But we're not law enforcement and a CCW permit doesn't make us law enforcement. The saying that you're on the same team often, in my experience, results in a degree of eye rolling and I don't think that's without reason. My goal in carrying a firearm is to protect myself, my family, and my property. I am not enforcing the law or ensuring the public good. There is a difference.

And while there absolutely are members of law enforcement that have negative attitudes, as you yourself noted there are also many positive interactions. Police are human and the interactions with them vary like any interactions with humans. I think saying, "I am not a criminal", is implying you're being treated like a criminal when in most cases you aren't. As for laws that are anti-gun and then the police are told to enforce them, people seem to forget we control the police, or should. If we don't like the laws they enforce we should change those laws.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.03644 seconds with 8 queries