View Single Post
Old October 2, 2013, 01:24 PM   #15
bedbugbilly

I must be the luckiest guy in the world. I've owned a lot of firearms - long guns and pistols - and I have never had any issues with any of them. Ruger, Colt, S & W, Bersa, Remington, Winchester, Henry, H & R, Heritage . . . etc. But, those that I know that have had problems . . . usually the company has taken care of them in regards to warranty work. I have also purchased a number of used handguns. Before I accept them, I look them over. That doesn't mean that something won't happen to them - but, I've been lucky

I guess its like any product you purchase . . . I love it when the retailer offer you the "extended warranty". To me, it's a money maker for them. As my Dad always said . . "Columbus took a chance".

If it gives you greater peace of mind, then maybe you'd better get it. But, if it's a good make with a good reputation for warranty if there's a problem, I'd personally pass it up. We live in a disposable society - if it was a cheap firearm - well, it's a roll of the dice as to just how long it's going to last. If it's a "lifetime warranty" on a used handgun - first, you have the right to inspect it and to refuse it. Beyond that - just whose "lifetime"? The seller/company (which can go out of business tomorrow), your lifetime or the lifetime of the item until it breaks? Sometimes those things are a little "cloudy".
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03188 seconds with 8 queries