View Single Post
Old May 31, 2014, 11:07 PM   #28
RJay

I have seen that comment before " rather than sell them to the public, they destroyed them ". Curious that, who would they have sold them too, at that time in history the US was going through a "the Great Depression ", people were much more interested in feeding their family's and them self than buy any type of surplus arms. people were lined up for blocks just to get a bowl of soup. I've heard a lot of stories from my parents and grand parents about that time, any firearm they had was used to poach just to live. That had no use for some type of low power pistol thingy. The government had a large pile of scrap metal that they were paying much needed cash to store, at that time and date it was the right decision, no conspiracy to deprive the public from the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. HE double L, after WWII they dumped new Jeeps, still in their crates over board, They also dumped millions of rounds of cartridges, all calibers into the sea, They even piled up new fighter aircraft and bull dozed them. No conspiracy involved, just cheaper than storing it or bringing the stuff back to the US. JMHO

Page generated in 0.04023 seconds with 8 queries