View Single Post
Old May 6, 2001, 05:06 PM   #1
Battler

(this is a rough repeat of a post lost last night).

I am new to (rifle case) reloading.

I have a new Rem 700 ADL 30-06. Fired it the first time some Winchester FACTORY Super-X 180 grain power-point.

I'm typing this from work so I can't remeasure the brass. However, the length of cases, the last two digits (I remember) ranged from xx88 to xx91 (max limit for 3006 is xx94 as per instructions with my micrometer).

There was no sign of pressure at the primers.

However, about .15 inches above the webbing, there is a 0.05 inch wide band in the brass.

I haven't seen this before in my other brass; but the only rifle brass I have around is milsurp fired from semiautomatic 308s.

The band in the brass feels like a ramp, rising as it heads toward the case mouth. It isn't extreme; but it's there, and full-length resizing (I did a couple) does not make it go away (makes it slightly more visible).

I felt around inside the case with an unfolded paperclip but felt nothing out of the ordinary.

Is this normal? This is once-fired bass. Is the headspace/chamber on my rifle suspect?

I plan on reloading these with 150 gr spitzers over a minimum charge of IMR 4350.

thanks,
Battler.

Page generated in 0.03972 seconds with 8 queries