View Single Post
Old May 1, 2013, 11:47 AM   #35
lcpiper

Quote:
That's an absolutely preposterous assertion. You need to research your claim.
It is not. Go find a phone book for any large city and you can thumb through it and find people who still have "Indian" last names. The are not living on a reservation or living in another culture, they are examples of those who have been assimilated into American society.

If you look at that history as if it were a slice of time you can find many examples that show the American Government wanted to assimilate the Indians and tried to assimilate them into our society. There are also times when good policies were executed poorly, ignored, or even worse.

But if you open the window up to today you can't say that I am wrong because the facts of the day show otherwise. The woman who was offended by the bill board is an example with one reserved distinction, she want's to wear her heritage on her sleeve even though she herself has lived her entire life as a normal American citizen.

Like so many, "I am special", "you owe me". She likes that card.

And I'll say it again, it's not the sin we are supposed to carry, it's the lesson.

Quote:
Quote:
"All white empires at one point in time committed some from of genocide."
Not just white. All Empires. It still goes on today .....
And this is correct, he said the same thing as I did just another way. This is just part of the process and it will happen one way or another. This is what man does, not just white man.

Wait and see, here in America see how the history plays out as Latin America's culture continues to gain influence on our own. There may be violence on a large scale or it may be a peaceful process, but one of them will win out although it may change some as well. What is left of the die-hard loser is extinction or relocation, voluntary or otherwise.

Last edited by lcpiper; May 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.02259 seconds with 8 queries