View Single Post
Old February 5, 2013, 11:21 AM   #1
danielhv

.223 Loading - Bullets, Powder, Primers?

My classic turret kit came in a few weeks ago, and I've been reading the book that came with it. As I near the end of it, I want to go ahead and place orders for reloading supplies. (Also, it's my b-day this month and midwayusa is giving me a decent discount on everything I order, so I have no prob. ordering things on backorder just to save the 12%)

Only problem is... I have no idea what to go with!! I don't know what grain of bullet, what shape, what powder, what primers, etc. This book has a ton of load data, but I don't know whats better than what. There's probably 300 different loads for .223 in here and I dunno where to start.

Just to clarify, I'm not going to start pounding out rounds without a little more education and some supervision... I'm just simply looking to order stuff to take advantage of the discount.

I'm looking to load some decent plinking rounds. Nothing special, and I want to stay WELL within the limits of my rifle. (Rock River Arms CAR A4 w/1:9 twist)

So I'm looking for a good powder to learn on that meters well, some good (cheap) projectiles, and primers. Book said to stay away from Federal, and seemed to favor CCI.

So far, I have the Lee loading bench and 2 extra 4-hole turrets in my cart.

Can someone steer me in a direction here? This has gotten pretty overwhelming!

Page generated in 0.04071 seconds with 8 queries