View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 11:59 AM   #52
testuser

Interesting analysis above...

But it's dependent on your point of few. Some of it comes down to cash flow. Say I'm a .40 S&W shooter and I want something more powerful.

Do I purchase a 10mm or a .45 ACP?

I purchase brass in small lots as needed. My first lot of once fired 10mm brass purchased at a gun show did well for years. I almost never purchase brass in 1,000 count lots, due to the cost. Instead, I purchase a few hundred cases a year and reload them more frequently.

Projectiles are different. When it comes down to the end of the month and I have just enough in the budget to purchase 1,000 projectiles, then I purchase .40 caliber in bulk and reload two calibers over multiple platforms...

So, for someone that also shoots a lot of .40 S&W, the 10mm can make a lot of sense, especially since .40 brass is so cheap/free.

My budget doesn't always allow me to buy two calibers in bulk at the same time, so from a perspective of cash flow, I get a lot of bang for my buck shooting 10mm/.40 S&W.

That's one reason why I love reloading. I budget for individual components and can use them in multiple calibers.

Anyway, back to the original post...

For me, I meet quite a lot of .45 snobs. When I bring up the 10mm, they usually don't know what it is, or tell me it's too expensive to shoot. I haven't found that to be the case.

Last edited by testuser; November 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.02450 seconds with 8 queries