View Single Post
Old January 27, 2010, 06:01 PM   #2
grubbylabs

I have a Nova not a supper but I do have the recoil reducer in it. I did not think I would ever hunt with it but several hundred dollars later in duck gear I love my nova. It is a great gun as far as usability. It eats any thing I feed it and it always goes bang. I do not know about the 870 so I can't say one way or the other. But I just cleaned my nova for the first time in about 3 seasons and that was because the pump was a little stiff @ -3 or -4 degrees the other morning. It is easy to field strip if you ever have to, I did once I loaded a 3" shell that was a reload and the brass was out of shape. If you ever do decide to hunt the 3.5 capability might come in handy. I can shoot the 3.5 all day in mine and it does not bother me any.

The other reason for getting the Nova is that you said it felt better to you. I am sure the 870 is just as good a gun though, they have been making guns for a long time so they must be doing something right. I would go with what ever feels better in your hand. I have the 28" barrel and I don't think I have any advantage over any one with the shorter one.

Page generated in 0.02815 seconds with 8 queries