View Single Post
Old March 1, 2021, 07:07 PM   #6
Alan0354

Ha, I managed to find the beat up frame of my Jennings, because it has the serial #, I don't want to dump it in the garby can. I dumped the slide and others long time ago already. This is a picture of the frame I actually tested for how strong it is. It's not magnetic, BUT it's not aluminum allow because it's bendable as show, I can squeeze it way out of shape as shown in the red arrow.

I don't remember how I squeeze this, maybe on a vise but I doubt it as I don't have a workshop at the time like now. But it's soft. I have a broken Beretta with alloy frame, it's NOT like this. Look at how I managed to squeeze the part that held the barrel flat!!! This is bad.

I don't quite remember for sure I shot the gun, I must have or else I won't open it and work on it like this to find out how bad the material is made of. I don't have the recoil spring anymore, but I remember it was quite weak and easily out of shape. It's bad metal.

EDIT: I just used a pair of pliers and broke off a big piece, I must be using only a pair of pliers to bend the frame, that's sad

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jennings.jpg (42.8 KB, 479 views)
File Type: jpg Jennings2.jpg (62.1 KB, 469 views)

Last edited by Alan0354; March 1, 2021 at 07:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.03643 seconds with 9 queries