View Single Post
Old December 5, 2017, 02:50 AM   #2
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
either very late WW2 production, or (more likely) some years after the end of the war.
if it is a wartime production gun, it should have the WaffenAmt stamp on it. The usual spot is the flat space where the triggerguard meet the grip frame.

The marking (a stylized Nazi Eagle and a number) may be very faint.

My HSc is WaA marked, and is #9xx xxx.

I don't think any guns made after WWII would have Nazi markings, but its not impossible that some Nazi marked frames could have been assembled into pistols after the war, but if so, there couldn't have been many.

There is a German commercial proof that also looks like a bird (eagle, I assume), but it is different than the Nazi marking.

Naval Jelly will save you a lot of work getting the rust off, but it will also eat bluing (which, is also a form of rust). If you're planning on taking all the metal down to the "white" let the jelly work a while.

Good luck with your project!

Oh, just FYI, about all those "quirks" in the HSc design, Mauser did it that way, at least partly because they had to work around Walther's patents.

Page generated in 0.03399 seconds with 8 queries