View Single Post
Old December 7, 2017, 01:52 PM   #34
DMK

Quote:
To add my own opinions to the above..... If law enforcement does make it to the scene while the shooter is still active, and can't tell the difference between the bad guy and the good guy, said law enforcement best be finding a new line of work. But, with that said, I guess there are cops out there that grab their AR and start blasting away at anyone with a gun, and anyone acting suspicious. But then I say again, they best be finding a new line of work.
I've talked to cops about this, regarding school shootings specifically.

Put yourself in the cop's head for a minute: You are in your cruiser and hear a radio call about an active shooter in a school. You're a dad and first thing that pops in your mind is your child bleeding after getting shot by some psycho (even if it's not your kid's school). You go code three and break every law getting across town to the scene. You are the first one there as far as you can tell and you hear gun fire from inside the building. Adrenalin raging through your bloodstream, you grab your patrol carbine out of the trunk and head in to stop the killing. As soon as you get through the door you see a man with a handgun come around the corner. You already have the dot of your aimpoint centered on his chest.

What happens next?

How do you know that you aren't putting another good guy in your sights? Did you see him shoot someone or just hear shooting in the next room? Hesitate and that next round might be through your chest.

Again, I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from stopping a killer if they can. But when we draw a gun in public, we do need to be concerned about how good guys will react, not just the bad guys.

Last edited by DMK; December 7, 2017 at 02:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.03135 seconds with 8 queries