View Single Post
Old March 13, 2018, 10:06 AM   #27
RC20

The press is technically ignorant, not just on gun issues, on most things they don't have a technical clue. I think they should have mandatory hands on classes in some mechanical areas to get their degrees. But its part of the nature of it, their faux paus just annoy gun owners. High Power rifle is another one that is used.

Hi Power to me is a 30-06, not a 223. 375, 338 etc. Pretty much anything that has a bottle neck cartridge is high power. Anyone ever hear of a low power rifle? (22 aside)

Our local paper that many call liberal had a very good evenly balanced article on the AR from both sides perspective. So it does happen sometimes.

We don't have varmints, the game animals are enough larger than a deer to need at least a 243.

The only place I see them is at the gun range. Owners range from fully competent to the complete clown who had one slung over his shoulder, muzzle pointing down and down working on targets (range rules which I expect are the same everyone, no guns down range, muzzle up)

My thought was, people who would have been shooting 22s back in the day are now shooting ARs. A good 30% make me very nervous. Some just sloppy untrained, others sloppy, untrained and with a girl who has not a clue, I have seen girls in mini skirts.

And don't get me wrong, I like girls in mini skirts, its not what I call range attire.

Page generated in 0.02433 seconds with 8 queries