View Single Post
Old March 12, 2018, 10:38 PM   #4
Sure Shot Mc Gee

With some projectiles such seating jags are included in the products packaging. Those soft lead sabo projectiles I purchase from PR Bullets include such seating jags. Although made of plastic PR's jag seems to hold up well for the total amount ~~packaged.

You could drill a 50 cal P/ball jag deep enough to accommodate your bullets seating. By your drilling its nose depression deeper. Then fill the drilled cavity with JB weld.

A must do prior: Lube the bullets entire exterior. Especially paying attention to the bullets nose surface that will assuredly come in contact with the un-dried glue. (White grease or a silicone grease lubricant work very well for that purpose.)

Press bullet nose square & plum so to be near its bottomed-out in the newly drilled cavity thus your intention is to imprint the drying glue with your bullets nose. Only difficulty incurred is maintaining the bullet pressure and stability till the J-B dries.
Easy peasy C-clamp {controlled pressing} or bench vise would be my choice to do the job. Honestly.
Doing works. I've done the same to a couple long discontinued Ideal mold casts I happen to come into possession of via. (EBay auctions)

Page generated in 0.03737 seconds with 8 queries