View Single Post
Old August 29, 2006, 04:41 PM   #20
MOPLS

Interesting problems. I also have a Tracker 455 that I have a bit of a problem with. It fires just fine in single action mode, but I get failure to fire in double action most of the time. It works better using factory loads, but still isn't 100% reliable. With my reloads, it's mostly failure to fire. When I say failure to fire, I mean that I pull the trigger, the hammer falls, the firing pin strikes the primer, but the round doesn't go off. I can rotate the cylinder around and bring the round up again and it will fire in SA so it isn't a dud primer or bad powder. I'm thinking the overall length of the round is a bit short on my reloads which causes the round to seat too far forward. I don't know of anything else that could cause it to act this way. I took the side panel off and thoroughly cleaned all the interior parts then added a couple of drops of CLP to lubricate the moving parts. That didn't seem to help much. I've decided to try and reload some rounds using a longer OAL to see if that might be the solution. If that doesn't do it, then I'll have to decide whether to send it in to Taurus or trade it in for something else.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice as to what might be causing the seeminly light strikes in double action mode, I would appreciate hearing them.

Thanks,
john

Page generated in 0.04001 seconds with 8 queries