View Single Post
Old October 12, 2017, 08:30 PM   #14
BOOGIE the oily

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzleblast
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOGIE the oily View Post
Well, I know this is probably not gonna gain me any fans in here, but, if we're gonna go beyond looks, I think a prime candidate for this category is the High Power P-35. ...
You are correct, sir.
Oops...

Oddly enough, I've been searching for a high power for almost a year now. Two actually: one to be restored, and one to be customized.
I do like the pistol quite a lot. But I can't escape the fact that mechanically it's a POS.

Now, about the high power not being that successful, that would bring us to Sevens's question: how do you define success in a weapon?

I would think the high power, having been used by many countries (91, actually. And it was used by the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team https://archive.is/20080301103639/ht.../ipi0312.shtml), licensed by many countries, and copied by many others, is by far one of the most successful guns ever. As per having been used by militaries or police departments, that says nothing about a gun, other than the political abilities of its manufacturers. That said, it has been, and still is used by both, in many countries around the world.

"Alcohol doesn't solve anything, but then again, neither does milk."

Page generated in 0.03539 seconds with 8 queries