View Single Post
Old September 27, 2000, 02:04 AM   #1
BadMedicine

We were out camping this weekend and ran out of propane. No fridge. No stove. No heater. But not all was lost, we did come up with some really great ideas. We decided that it would be really great to just take out the propane tank, and blast it with our 22-250. But that would be a waste of a perfectly good propane bottle, IF it didn't have any propane in it. So maybe before we loose one off we should go get it filled? then the ideas started coming. Finally we decided on the ultimate plan. It's called Operation: Prarie Dog Inferno. It goes a little something like this...

1. Buy a used propane tank at a garage sale, or second hand store. They're pretty cheap.
2. Go to the gas station and get it filled, this should be less than $20.
3. Go to the local feed store and buy a 10lb bag of corn, (do prarrie dogs eat corn?) or something that PD's will eat.
4. Go to the local prarie dog town, and park ATLEAST...I repeat ATLEAST 300yrds away.
5. Take feed and propane tank to the middle of the town and spread the feed around the tank.
6. Return to vehicle and wait until the dogs are out in numbers stuffing their little bellies
7. While having a friend video tape this (on zoom, but far enough away to get the whole explosion) loose off a round. Preferably a copperjacketed round that will produce a good spark, I dunno if the heat would do it, maybe though.

A couple prerequisits would be to make sure this is legal in your state And to invite a few buddies, the more pictures you have the better.
I would probably do this myself, but here in AK we have an extreme shortage of PD's, So somebody please post some pics, and make me proud.

Page generated in 0.03849 seconds with 8 queries