View Single Post
Old October 6, 2013, 03:00 PM   #5
dmazur

From this site -

Kindle Fire

Content formats supported are Kindle Format 8 (KF8), Kindle Mobi, (.azw), TXT, PDF, unrestricted MOBI, PRC natively, Audible (Audible Enhanced (AA, AAX)), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG, WAV, MP4, VP8.[6]

It appears that PDF is one of the formats supported without loading a reader from Adobe. So that much is done for you.

As an experiment, I just downloaded the Hodgdon's data for .243 Win, .30-06 Sprg, and .44 Mag. They provide a "Print" button and an "Email" button, after selecting the on-line data of interest.

I couldn't find an option for the entire manual. I believe some powder mfgr's may do it this way, but Hodgdon seems to encourage the user to select the cartridge(s) they intend to reload.

There are a number of "print to PDF" drivers available. I use deskPDF, but I understand PDF Creator provides the same functionality and is free. To get the manual sections on your Kindle, get the data from the web site using a PC, print to PDF, then connect the Kindle to your PC with the USB charging cable and copy the PDF file to a suitable location on the Kindle.

Or, if you can't get the Kindle set up as a USB drive, email the manual sections from the PC to your Kindle email account and then save the attachments in the desired location.

I copied the PDF files to my Galaxy Tab, which also uses the Android OS, so I can't think of any reason why the above procedure wouldn't work for your Kindle Fire.

It should probably be noted that the warning information provided by the mfgr probably won't appear in front of every cartridge's data. Hodgdon's does not. So, if you want to remember the H110 warning, for example, you probably should print that page separately.

Page generated in 0.01900 seconds with 8 queries