View Single Post
Old July 5, 2013, 05:24 PM   #46
manta49

Quote:
where in that situation you would have time to pull out your gun and rack the slide. You certainly cant pull out your gun and chamber a round every time you see someone waking in your direction in public. In that situation, your gun is indeed useless besides being used as a club, or a "heavy expensive paperweight". You say it only takes a second to load, but it also takes two hands to load. Not something you can do while being attacked. Guns were meant to be carried loaded, and safely at that
That's one posabilty but the post was about a firearm at your bedside at night. To me if your security is up to the job you would have plenty of time.

Quote:
That's because the commander thinks it's more likely that some junior enlisted type is going to negligently discharge a loaded weapon than actually have to use it. It's called CYA, and it runs a large portion of military rules.
Yes I know why they do it but the fact is that they still carry the firearm so its not useless it just needs a second to load. If it was useless because it was unloaded they wouldent carry it. But as I said its up to the individual to decide.

Quote:
That's because the commander thinks it's more likely that some junior enlisted type is going to negligently discharge a loaded weapon than actually have to use it
That could go for civilians as well.

Page generated in 0.03379 seconds with 8 queries