View Single Post
Old February 14, 2009, 05:08 PM   #101
AK103K

Quote:
The question is "When does that opportunity present itself?" It is entirely possible that it will not present itself, the BG will get his money (or whatever) and go away. That would be a fine outcome in my book.
Maybe a tolerable outcome, not fine.

I think some of the problem here, is what the problem is with most of these type threads, each poster has a narrow, specific scenario in their mind, when in reality, things are really always fluid, and there is no way to predict what will happen in the next breath, good or bad.

Yes, the bad guy could very well get the money, blow you a kiss, and walk, or maybe he blows you away as he goes, your the one taking the chance, you have to make the decision.

Personally, I'll be spending every possible second trying to get into position to deal with the worst, and not trust to luck. If you wait for him to make the first move, your screwing yourself, as you'll probably be to far behind the curve to recover.

In any case someone has a gun, you have two choices. The first, it to be as far away as possible, preferably behind cover, or in another town, or, get as close as you can get.

This may mean running to the target not from it. He cant shoot you if you have control of his hand with the weapon. He'll also have a tough time shooting you if he has to react to your action, just like you will to his. Being on the offense is better than being on the defense, especially if your at close range and your opponent has a gun.

Your also going to have to face the fact that your first response may not be with your gun. How are your grappling skills? Have you ever practiced disarming someone? I guess since this is a gun board, the only answer to the problem is your gun. If thats you plan, it might come up short. Most "plans" do.

Page generated in 0.03829 seconds with 8 queries