View Single Post
Old June 6, 2009, 06:25 PM   #104
OuTcAsT

Quote:
You can think that the ticket you get or the arrest made is null and void, but that does not make it so. Once he or she identifies themselves as a law enforcement officer, that's it. You can resist or flee if you want to, and you might get found not guilty of that particular charge if he was wearing daisy dukes and clown make-up. The original charge will stand though.

I never thought anything to the contrary, perhaps you have confused statements made by others ?

Quote:
You and I agree though, this is a right that all law-abiding citizens should have.
We do, indeed.

Quote:
Instead of working to take it away from one subgroup, private citizens should work to get it themselves.
I agree, and I think that we might possibly be able to use the fact that LE has it to help strengthen our own cause.

I am however, a bit dubious of doing so on a Federal level for the reasons Al pointed out.

BTW gc70, thanks for the links, good reading material.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Page generated in 0.02381 seconds with 8 queries