Thread: Oppps!
View Single Post
Old September 8, 2012, 01:06 PM   #28
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Not exactly but I was minutes away from my relay being called to the line at the All Army championships and I had no guns. I had a little tiff with an anti-gun ticket agent in Chicago who didn't want to check my gun box in trying to tell me it was illegal. Got a supervisor over who explained to the officious little jerk that he was wrong and to check my gun box so he did. But instead of sending it to my destination in Atlanta he sent it to Washington DC. Amazing what can happen when a general gets in on the action, the airline apologized profusely and sent the box back on the next flight and it arrived by taxi just as I had to go to the line. It was an interesting day. I cannot imagine what would happen to my gun box, guns and ammo today if that happened. I'd probably be the one arrested and hauled away by Homeland Insecurity.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.02158 seconds with 8 queries