View Single Post
Old May 31, 2012, 12:25 AM   #32
droptrd

Another vote for the Hornady kit here. Youll need to add calipers and a trimmer. I have the hornady press and I love it. The die bushings fit any major brand of dies.

The quick change bushings are nice. I know old school guys cant accept the fact that they work. They dont cause any problems. I mean, bushings or no bushings, youre gonna check out your rounds every-so-many right? If the die did start to move in the bushing or the bushing did move in the press (I dont have a problem with them moving in the press), you would make the propper adjustment. Then the old school guys will say " why have a press with bushings at all then?" Who cares. The Bushings are a plus. They are consistant.

Also, Hornady has great deals going on right now where you get free bullets.

Another point, the RCBS is using chinese steel Im told. This negates the cast iron vs aluminum advantage IMO. I recently cracked a 6 inch bench vise made from chinese steel. Had nothing to do with reloading but still, I couldnt believe it. So RCBS press= some out sourced materials and parts. Hornady press= US materials and parts.

Last edited by droptrd; May 31, 2012 at 12:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.02970 seconds with 8 queries