View Single Post
Old February 6, 2011, 11:38 PM   #1
ArkansasGunFan

AR-10; LR-308; m1a; other 7.62x51mm

Hey guys, new to the forum so please forgive me if I ask a question that is asked daily regarding accurate semi automatic rifles chambered in the 7.62x51mm NATO. I have done some research on a few of the rifles and wanted to ask if everything I have hear is logical and true. Please correct me if anything sounds off course.

I had pretty well had my mind set on the DPMS LR-308 over the Armalite AR-10. Both guns seem to be accurate out to 800-1000 with the full size rifle barrel, and neither had very many reliability issues. The lighter weight on the gun (and my wallet), along with the option to interchange AR-15 add-ons are what put the DPMS in front of Armalite for me (although if someone were to show me that either gun maker has a more reliable/accurate gun I would definitely like to hear it).

After getting excited at finally making a decision, I got online to read about another favorite 7.62x51mm, the Springfield Armory M1A...

If what I am looking for is a recognizable grouping at 300-400 yards with the opportunity to reach out to 1000 yards (while shooting semi-auto with 10 or more rounds) is there any clear winner?

Last edited by ArkansasGunFan; February 7, 2011 at 12:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.03657 seconds with 8 queries