View Single Post
Old September 1, 2010, 01:40 PM   #31
jmorris

Quote:
Question - If you do a living trust and buy one NFA item, on any subsequent purchase do you need to amend or re-do the trust? I'm guessing you will have the items listed in your trust. I've just started looking into the trust thing.
Yes, you add every approved item to the “Schedule A”, that’s all you have to update.

Quote:
1. Quicken never updates its language. If one of its forms is later proved invalid in a court battle, you won't even know it happened, let alone know what language needs to be changed in the trust.
If I had my trust set up by a lawyer in 1970 or last year for that matter, could the same thing be true?

Quote:
If you are thinking about putting any type of machinegun in a Quicken trust, that is just a bad idea. Even a cheapo Cobray costs $5,000. Spending $600 is cheap insurance to make sure you don't lose an investment that is only going to increase in value as long as the 922(o) is around.

Untrue, you can get them under $3k go check out subguns.com. $600 also happens to be the price of 3 additional tax stamps.

Page generated in 0.05729 seconds with 8 queries