View Single Post
Old June 4, 2010, 07:04 AM   #3
Ski098

There are lots of options for Concealed Carry. And there is no end to the debate on caliber, manufacturing quality, safety... That's the primary drive behind these boards is to expound upon these "differences" in guns. The only suggestion's I offer are:

1 - Get at least a 9mm. For my own reasons I wrote off the .380 and smaller early on in my search for a "perfect" CC handgun.

2 - Pick something that you will actually carry, train with, and become proficient in. That means head to a range, spend the 50$ to rent a couple hand guns. Call the range in advance and find out if they have any trainers that would be willing to let you "test shoot" several different styles and calibers of firearms.

3 - Find someone you trust who has experience and will give you some pointers. There are some brands of firearms that people online will swear up and down by, but from experience aren't worth purchasing.

My personal favorites are the Springfield XD and Glock lines of pistols. But Kahr, and Sig are also pistols I've tried and really like(but couldn't afford the price tag on them) You can typically get either a Springfield XD or Glock Subcompact in the mid to high 400$ range.

And finally you were looking for a "plinking" gun. One of the often overlooked guns is the CZ-82. They were manufactured all over Europe and Russia and were a standard sidearm for many countries, and are available for very cheap prices due to the surplus on them. Expect to pay around 180$ to 220$ for one that functions. It fires the 9x18mm cartridge, which is easy to find, cheap, and is just a good "plinking" round. J&G Sales, AIM Surplus, and Classic Arms(in Charlotte) typically have them in stock ready to ship.
1. You can buy a silencer for a gun.

Page generated in 0.04167 seconds with 8 queries