View Single Post
Old October 16, 2008, 06:56 PM   #12
BigJimP

Not that it matters - but I shoot parallel comb guns in the field, sporting, skeet and trap. I'm basically a Browning guy / they fit me better - but the XS Skeet model is made in 12 and 20ga / I picked up a 28ga and .410 made off the 20ga receiver XS Skeet as a special order (used even )... All of my XS Skeet models are 30" barrels. 12 ga is a little heavier / the 20, 28 and
.410 are matched very close by weight since they are off the same receiver. Its not as good a system as a Kolar or Krieghoff - with a carrier barrel - and a full set of tubes ( but I didn't pay $ 25K for all 4 of the Brownings either / and I like having 4 different guns ).

I also like the XT model as a Trap gun / 32" barrel - with a GraCoil system on it / but I've got a couple of those models as well.

I'm glad to see Beretta offering more guns with adj combs as well - but even Browning offers guns without a paralell comb / and they have put adj combs in them ( but they are still angled / and it makes no sense to me why that would fit anyone ) it has the same problems as any angled comb / and putting an adj comb into an angled stock just seems foolish to me.

Calling a gun a Skeet gun / a Sporting gun - is just a marketing ploy. You can shoot any gun for Skeet, Sporting and in the Field - Trap is a little different and a more specialized gun usually / but you don't have to have a specialized Trap gun if you don't want one either.

Page generated in 0.03235 seconds with 8 queries