View Single Post
Old January 7, 2006, 02:53 PM   #37
riverkeeper

Skyguy—
The video on CT showed some great and difficult shooting by what appear be fine instructors.

A few months ago after messing with CT on the store’s blue plastic faux handgun decided to wait some more. It ‘seemed’ FSP and even sight alignment could be achieved as fast in the store, BUT WITHOUT ANY TRAINING, ANY IDEA OF WHAT I WAS DOING OR SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE. It was of course not a fair test and the advantages of CT during dark situations, strong hand injuries and impossible body positions are persuasive.

I’d already decided to rent a CT handgun tomorrow at the range as well as do some real QK drill – off hand, awkward positions etc. My assumptions is that after some intelligent practice, CT might ‘shine’.

In order to get the CT handgun into a shooting position, a point shoot/semi sighted -type presentation initially seems appropriate – tho’ anything that works….works. Any quick suggestions or tips?

BTW – it also appears that QK can be ‘done on the run’, in tough positions and in almost dark conditions….tho’ probably not as accurately... I do not know.

Thanks for your contribution.

Page generated in 0.03694 seconds with 8 queries