View Single Post
Old November 3, 2017, 09:43 AM   #1
Lavan

Several questions about a CZ455 Ultra Lux .22 LR bolt action

Knowing that the best time to ask about a gun is ..AFTER.. you've plunked down your money and it's in the waiting period...here goes.

Now first off, I am buying it for my EARS!
I have VERY damaged hearing from an unfortunate range session and shooting MAY be on my list of no-no's. But I hope not.

I use Decibel Defense NRR 37 (??) muffs ...plus... my audiologist custom made neoprene plugs.

And am still getting hearing affected when shooting even my 9422 and 10-22.

Hard as that is for me to believe, I am buying this 28 inch barrel CZ455 Ultra Lux and ..hoping... the extra barrel length will make the sound low enough to matter.

Time will tell I guess.

If you've stuck with this ramble so far, here are my CZ455 questions.

Who makes the BEST (low and neat) aperture sight and front sight?

I've read some forums saying the 455 is lacking in accuracy but I shot another guy's CZ 22 and was MIGHTY impressed.
If you own or have shot one, do you think the accuracy is good?

The one I shot had the stock irons. Do you think there's even any reason to go to an aperture? I have them on my 9422 and 10-22 and have used them for years.

But a scope is also a possiblity and so I'll ask which one YOU would consider to be light in weight with good optics and proper for 22 LR.

Whew! I think I'm done. Thanks for any comments you might have.

Oh wait! One other thing. I notice my DD muffs if they rest on the stock of a rifle, conduct an unpleasant "clank" to my ears and my ears are SCREWED!

I know I ....NEED .... muffs in addition to the plugs and so I'll ask opinions on which smaller muffs you guys might like.

THERE! DONE!

Page generated in 0.02643 seconds with 8 queries