View Single Post
Old April 3, 2018, 11:59 AM   #59
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
I don't think it does us any favors to deny that there is some "gun show loophole"
Actually, it does harm us when we accept that the anti-gunners are setting the language of the debate: There is no "Loophole". There are laws that make certain acts or things restricted (unlawful). That's what criminal law does - it restrict acts or things that would otherwise be lawful. Any act or thing not restricted is not a "Loophole", it is merely lawful.

If, in conversation, you can get your opponenant to admit the above, then we can move on to admit that there are some people that seem to be at every (or most) gunshows that setup a table to sell their "collection".

This is the point where the BATF&E falls down on, as I'm sure that these people are reported by some or even many of the licensed dealers (FFL's) that are at that show. Do all FFL's report such people? Don't know. What I do know is that when a report is made, the BATF&E, in most cases, does nothing.

Enforce the existing law, and this abuse of private sales goes away. Problem solved.

However, as long as we buy into this "Loophole" terminology, the debate is already lost.

Page generated in 0.04080 seconds with 8 queries