View Single Post
Old May 6, 2014, 01:01 PM   #16
savagecornmuffin

Let your pistol be a pistol. Let your rifle be a rifle. Why limit yourself just because you want to only stock a single cartridge. I see the appeal, but why? A box of 45 Colt cost you nearly the same as a box 30-06 or 308. And the rifles will be cheaper. And the Buffalo Bore ammo, while easy shooting in the rifle, will be a beast in the revolver. That's assuming your revolver is good for the high pressure ammo.

Anyway, even with that said, your Buffalo bore ammo, (as mentioned) doing 1800 fps from the rifle (as mentioned), zeroed 2 inch high at 50 yards should be 2 inches low at 150 yards and still pushing a heap of energy at that distance. It'll be just fine for hunting. Make sure you get the right barrel length. With pistol carts, longer isn't always better. Especially with big bore bullets. For instance, I find the 357 is starting to choke at about 20 inches of barrel (depending on the load). My 444 Marlin isn't really giving me much more from 22 inches as it does from 18.5 inches. I'm guessing the 45 lc rifle might be really good at 16 to 18 inches. But you should ask somebody who knows and do your research before you buy.

Page generated in 0.02543 seconds with 8 queries