View Single Post
Old February 4, 2013, 06:43 PM   #16
Skans

If you really need a particular magazine or two, I'd buy it now and pay the premium. The Senate will pass a bill with some kind of ban on magazines over 10 rounds. The House may not pass a similar bill, and then you can breathe easily for a little while longer. But, there is an outside chance it could get passed in the House.

But, here's what you aren't reading about: Sig, Ruger, S&W, Glock, etc. could all VOLUNTARILY agree to no longer produced certain magazines.

Or, their could be some kind of compromise bill on drum magazines, etc. One thing is for sure, neither your nor I know what our politicians will end up doing.

So, if you need to spend $70 - $100 on a particular magazine you need, that is not a dumb idea. Like I said, I paid $70 for a 30 round factory Ruger magazine. If prices ever come back down to $40, then I guess I wasted $30 - oh, well.

Remember, they banned machineguns in '86. They banned importation of military style semi-autos in '89. They banned assault weapons in '94. Yeah, I'd take this seriously, folks. Try paying today's prices for machineguns, an FNC, or a FN FAL.

On the other side, I wouldn't be hoarding 20 XS drums thinking you will be able to re-sell them for a HUGE profit. Buy what you need and leave the hoarding to the stock-land-gun speculators.

Page generated in 0.03901 seconds with 8 queries