View Single Post
Old July 8, 2012, 08:56 AM   #28
Laserlips

Fishbed77,

I'm not "into" shooting my 9's more than 15 yards (generally 7 or less) so I can't speak to the gentleman's interest in accuracy from a 9MM pistol further out, but I can 2nd your experience with the fine Walther P99/AS pistol.

In fact I had the full sized P99/AS, and the smaller P99c/AS and both were surprisingly accurate from self defense range. I'm a big fan of compact 9MM pistols for concealed carry and the only reason I sold my P99's was because the full sized P99/AS was too large for reasonable concealed carry, and I had dropped the P99c and scratched the slide and a gentleman came along who wanted both so I let 'em go.

I replaced the Walthers with HK P7's and they were very accurate as well, but I never felt "warm and fuzzy" with them.. I'm an old guy, and traditional D/A is my preference so never grew to love the squeeze-cocking P7's. But they were very accurate..

I replaced my last P7 (I had 3) with a new HK P2000sk (V3) and it's just as accurate (at self defense distance) as my P99's or HK P7's..

I really like the HK P2000sk over the HK P7's because it's not "top heavy", offers greater capacity, and is TDA as well.

Actually I've owned firearms for over half a century, and of all of them the only ones that were very, very accurate, AND more important, absolutely reliable, were the P99's/HK P7's, and my HK P2000sk.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

Page generated in 0.01865 seconds with 8 queries