View Single Post
Old June 4, 2005, 11:53 AM   #1
jonathon

Help me design a "modern" possibles bag!

I've got that "Gotta make something new" itch goin on..

Anyways, I've been thinking for a LONG TIME about a "modern" possibles bag, made of leather of course, but for more modern stuff

Initially, I'm thinking about 15 inches long, and however tall the AK 47 30 round mag is(anyone want to help me there?). How wide will be determined what we want to cram into it!

So, what do you deem a nessicity for the modern possibles bag? I know the basics; a screw driver for your weapon, a punch, cleaning kit of sorts(to make things standard, I'm planing it around a hoppes .30 cal kit with 3 piece rods), and ammo.

To carry the ammo, I'm thinking internal pouches that are on the body side of the bag(to keep the bag against your side), and for starters I will make it cary around 100-120 rounds of 7.62x39mm on strippers.

The shoulder strap will be mounted to the bag useing stitching and rivets, and at the mount points there will be a piece of rated nylon web(rated to 10,000 pounds) on both the inter side of the strap, and the inside of the bag to prevent the rivets from ripping out from a heavy load. Going to have a pouch that carries 1 10round stripper clip that slides up and down on the strap, it will not flap in the breeze. I don't think doing it for an AK or AR mag would be a problem either.

I think the cleaning kit will go in lengthwise on the outerside of the bag, and the oils and such will be there in their own pouch.

It will close using two plastic snap buckles, both rated for heavy duty use.

Now, I have a question. What else would you try to cram into this bag? Trying to make it practical, not tacticool!

Add to my list:

Ammo
Screw drive for your weapon(dependent on the weapon)
Cleaning kit
Punch
Small folding knife
small container of good leather care product(for EVERYTHING, including the bag)
Romans 12:21

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

More CZ M52 info than you can shake a stick at!

Page generated in 0.03879 seconds with 8 queries