View Single Post
Old December 2, 2008, 12:05 PM   #12
Fingers McGee

One of the primary objectives of CAS is safety. At every range I have shot on here in Missouri as well as ranges in WY, OK, NE, IA, KS, and TN, the emphasis is safety. Safety glasses are mandatory for competitors and spectators alike. Hearing protection is mandatory on most ranges, and highly recommended on all others. Splash back can be virtually eliminated by using non-cratered targets and having them angled properly; but, FME, no matter how carefly a stage is set up splashback can occur.

Sundance - I'm a black powder shooter. 2nd Gen 1861 Navies, 66 Carbine and 1889 Remington SxS. Half the fun is trying to see the targets after the first couple rounds go down range. On the whole, we BP shooters aren't that fast unless sun and wind conditions are perfect.

Raider - There is a saying in CAS; They don't make a target too close or too big to miss. It's true - and don't ask me how I know. CAS is speed and accuracy. You have to find the right combination of both.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Page generated in 0.02202 seconds with 8 queries