View Single Post
Old March 24, 2017, 10:40 AM   #13
F. Guffey

Quote:
in 8mm Mauser. It's the post-war Yugoslavian version of the Mauser 98K. Anyway, the stripped bolt refused to close on the:

Field Gauge. That's a good sign.
No Gauge. That's a good sign.
Go Gauge. That's a sign it needs chambering.

Quote:
Field Gauge. That's a good sign.
And I wonder; If the bolt would not close on the field reject length gage why did you need a no go-gage? Same for the go-gage; a reloaders can determine the length of the chamber with any one of the three gages. I have offered to modify go-gages to 'go to infinity' gages, I no longer make the offer because reloaders are scared because they do not understand.

Before I had a head space gage I made tools that were designed to measure the length of the case from the shoulder to the case head. The same tool also measures the length of a head space gage and fired cases, new/factory cases, fired cases and sized cases. The tool not only measures the length of an 8mm57 case from the datum to the case head, it measure the length of a 30/06 case from the datum to the case head. I know it is confusing but the difference in length between the 8mm57 and 30/06 from the datum to the case head is .127".

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02053 seconds with 8 queries