Thread: Lee or RCBS?
View Single Post
Old December 21, 2012, 08:14 PM   #51
dickttx

After being out of reloading for about 40 years I started again a couple of years ago. My late 60's CH Champion still worked as smoothly as ever and probably nothing stronger. They had the used primer drop through the ram way back then. Started loading 9mm and soon saw that the SS was VERY slow. After a lot of research I bought an LCT with the Pro Auto Disk and Safety prime and four-die pistol die sets. Don't believe there could be a better system for what I wanted. I am completely inept mechanically and it took me about an hour of reading instructions (gasp!!) and tinkering to get it working, as the powder and primer systems were completely new to me. The die setups were all different form my old RCBS and Lyman dies.
After several thousands of rounds the 400 pulls of the lever for 100 rounds of ammunition was getting to my shoulder.
Again, after careful investigation, I bought a LnL AP. Again it took me awhile to learn to operate it. To cut down on my learning, I transferred my Lee dies and PAD to the LnL. They work as well there as they do on the LCT.
Back in the 60's I also had a Lyman All-American press and several Ohaus items. They used to make a lot of reloading tools, scales, powder measure, casting equipment, etc. Also had several of the gadgets that Lee made back then, and as now, they worked and were economical. Their 50ยข gadget to camfer case mouths worked better than the $7. ones from other companies. My first primer seater was Lee's hand primer with the screw in shell holders. Still works good today. Can't really say that I really had any bad products, except maybe a few small items from Herters.
As some others have said, if I had to go to only one set up, without a doubt it would be the Lee Classic Turret.

Page generated in 0.03066 seconds with 8 queries